My first official weblog or BLOG (as the trendy people say)!!
I write in bits and pieces here and there but has never tried an official blogging site..I had sent a piece of note about one of my travel experiences to all my friends and one of them asked me to try blogging..Then I thought of seriously giving it a try..Enter at your own risk !!!
I don´t exactly remember when I first started writing in a diary. It was during my 3rd or 4th standard. My father was gifted a diary by one of his friends.It had a very thick binding with some colourful flowers in it. As soon as I saw that I asked him whether I can use it. He said "Yes, but you need to tell me what you will do with it" .I had seen one of my cousins drawing a lot of paintings in a similar book. I suddenly told my father that I would use it for painting.Then he told me what a Diary is ..I just remembered the last part that it can be used to enter the day to day events ..Yes ,I told that to him and managed to get the diary.
I was so much fascinated by the look and feel of that book but had no clue about what to write in it..I started writing..I wrote about the new red pencil my aunt got me , the new Mali girl who joined our class (She didn´t know malayalam. For the first time in my life , I was seeing a person who doesn´t understand what I speak) ,events that happened at the school including the very small things like the question my teacher I asked during the class, the content of my lunch box which my mother packed me for that particular day etc etc..One of the lines in it I remember - ¨When I was riding my cycle, a big bus came opposite to me.I stopped on the side and then again started¨ :-) I made sure that I didn´t miss that BIG event.Later I became lazy enough to write daily and made it to weekends..
Once my mother had gone to our hometown to attend a wedding. On the way back from school, I fell down from the cycle and my legs started bleeding..I had almost reached home..My neighbour aunty was on her way back from shopping.She saw me.She took me home,washed my legs and kept some medicines on the wound. But i would never stop crying..I cried a lot.I wanted to see my mom, tell her that I am badly(??) wounded and be with her..But my mom would return only the next day..I told my sisters..They said it is fine and went out for their tuitions..I told my grandma.She gave me a hug and started chanting her prayers..But still I was feeling very sad..Then I went inside our room where my diary was lying on my study table. I thought I would tell my diary about my BIG wound..I started writing..After sometime I felt much better..I later realized that my diary would listen to whatever I say..I started liking it a lot..He became my friend..I always used to start my notes using ,¨Dear Diary¨..I started using it very frequently whenever my mom was not around..
Years passed..But the habit remained the same..The content of the diary changed from stories about pencils and erasers to the new stars in Bollywood, the dress my college mate wore to the class the day before, the guy who sang well for the Annual Day function , the dedication songs ..etc..The descriptions would include all the emotional feelings which on the very next day we might find silly..On the last day of my college, I had writen ,¨I will miss all of my friends..Life is going to be very tough without them¨(But the life went on.I don´t even know in which part of the world half the crowd is)...When I got into a job, topics were mainly of projects,dead lines, life in Bangalore ,recession etc..But I still adhere to the habit of taking a pen and jotting down the most important events of my life..I take my diary whenever the sine wave of my life reaches the upper or lower crest (Typical engineering terms !!)
I know he would be there with me always open to receive my feelings silently and accompany me like a Secret Companion !! My special Secret Companion !!
No comments:
Post a Comment