Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 2 (In the Land of Beaches)

I have developed a strange habit of getting up early.Very early..I got up today at 5.45 am and was thinking what happened to me when i crossed over the ocean to Pocitos, Uruguay, a small town in South America..Things were pretty fine back in Bangalore..Anyways I couldn't get sleep.So With a small prayer i got up from bed.All my daily chores in the morning should be done on a silent note as all 3 of my roommates were sleeping after their late night shifts and calls. I brushed, made tea and came to the balcony to enjoy the best part of my day..Enjoying the waves of the sea along with my cup of tea from my balcony..Wow wonderful!!! It reminded me of the Salaam Namaste house..When i saw that one in the movie i had a thought, whether I would ever get a chance to do that in my life? Yeah...Tats what i'm doing everyday now.As 'The Secret' says does thoughts really becomes things ????

My roomie´s laptop was sleeping on the living room table.I went and touched it.As if the genie from a bottle it asked me 'Why did u wake me up'? I just wanted to get in touch with my family and friends. Everyone will be busy with their schedules now.Still i kept refreshing my gmail,orkut and mails to see if anyone got some time to send me a note..Neither my family nor my friends disappoint me..Somebody or the other says a hi...Every now and then , i forcefully wake up the laptop and ask it to connect me to India.Poor thing..It is also working on IST now.

It was getting late..I quickly got ready to office and walked down to the stop.A luxury version of Maruti Omnni came to pick us up.Was waiting for that.The stop is near the beach.I turned and looked at the beach..People were walking towards the beach in their summer wears.People here are crazy about summers. All the girls are really beautiful.I haven't found any single lady whom i could say is not good looking.Guys are also good..But the best you would enjoy seeing around is DOGS.People are really crazy about them.Everyone carries atleast one dog, that too of different varieties which I have never seen. They hire ppl to take their dogs for walk.I came across a guy who was walking around with 12 of them.The number and breed of dog, is directly proportional to their status.

On the way to office i started enjoying the serene nature of the city.Very different from Bangalore...People here greet you and try to talk to u even if they don't know you.If they donno English, you are sure to get a smile from them atleast.The next time you meet them they'll talk to you as if they are your childhood friends.Nobody would ever beleive that it is my second day at office by the way the locallite talks to me.I thought of India then.I was at my ODC for the last 3 years.I haven't talked much to the employees other then my team mates ..But Indians once they reach here do the same.Felt happy about that because the office atmosphere is pretty cool becaue of that.Everyone is very helpful.Went to desk. The first thing I did once i reached office is check the time in India and then log into IM..Pinged all friends in the list..By 2PM(10 PM IST) , they all left..My stomach started growling asking me to fill something in it..So decided to grab something before I get into work..I went for lunch alone...In caps, ALONE..I have never done that before..Thought of the long lunch sessions we used to have at ITPL,was missing all the fun.I finished my lunch fast..Exactly in 9mins..Tats another surprise..I never used to eat that fast.. At 7 pm,i closed my system(closed my shop for the day as my manager used to say :-))) and went to get the cab.The sunlight here till 8.30 pm fascinated me.Though you reach home only at 7.30 you have a feeling that you have reached home by 3.Now waiting for the time to tick 5.30 am at India..I quickly finished off my dinner and came and waited for the sun to rise to glory at the fastest speed in India..

1 comment: