MOTHER - A simple six letter word with so much of gravity to it. MOTHERHOOD - A state which you can never understand unless you become one.
I was blessed to be the mother of a sweet little angel on 27-April-2013. I still remember some moments before she was born.I was doing my best to bring her out of her 10 month home to this new world.She already had taken her own sweet time to come to this world and we decided to induce and bring her out after waiting desperately for 40 weeks and 2 days.
Veera (my hubby) and Beth(a nurse at the O'Connor hospital) was urging me to push harder. When Veera mentioned that he could see the baby's head,I could feel a chillness all over my body. Then all I wanted to do was get her out of my body and see my kiddo. In some time, the doctor arrived and few more minutes, swishhhhh....She just emerged out of me. Veera cut the umbilical cord and the doctor put my blood coated baby on to my chest. .I just kept staring at her with surprise. But didn't dare to touch her.The nurses then took her away to a baby warmer for cleaning. My surgical procedures continued. I was trying to get a better glance of her, but had to wait for some more time.
Then came the long awaited moment.My husband brought the baby to me., Surprisingly, I was not able to take her in my hand. Might be I was afraid.Might be it was due to the post pregnancy shivering. All I could was just look at her and cry. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. It was that moment I started understanding what motherhood is all about and I realized that it is just the beginning of a long ,exhausting and exciting journey. Proud to be a mother of this cute angel of ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment