I have always believed that everything happens for a reason. After my baby came, when I hear this statement, I ask myself, "Really?" Yesterday it was one of those days when my baby had a taken a toll on everyone around her. We all did our best to find the reasons to find why she is uncomfortable. I tried feeding her, swaddling her, rocking her, putting her in cradle, singing to her. What not? We even thought it could be due to some 'drishti dosham' (Beleive me!! you'll start trusting on all these things when you have a frantically crying baby in hand and someone assures you that something will work) and even tried doing some remedies for that as well. That is when it clicked to me that our pediatrician Dr. Amy Morishima had given us a book for reference which had answers to most of our questions regarding the baby. This book has become a kind of bible for me. Even my baby sneezes, I check this book to see if it is normal.Yeah , I am a paranoid mom at times. I decided to resort to this book for my baby's nonstop crying as well. I was happy to see a full chapter on 'Baby Crying' in this book. I jumped and checked for the reasons. The reasons were mentioned as below: Babies cry if they are startled,hungry,cold or hot,tired,wet,bored,annoyed,when they need to be cuddled or have gas or sometimes for no reason at all.What a consoling answer !!
Yeah and finally my baby stopped crying after 7 hours or so after we took her for a car drive.This thought might help a parent in future if you don't know why your baby is crying and if you are not sure how to console her.
Now if anyone tells me that 'Everything happens for a reason', I think I would hand over my crying baby and ask them to help me find out the reason.
Yeah and finally my baby stopped crying after 7 hours or so after we took her for a car drive.This thought might help a parent in future if you don't know why your baby is crying and if you are not sure how to console her.
Now if anyone tells me that 'Everything happens for a reason', I think I would hand over my crying baby and ask them to help me find out the reason.
sid was same!! highly colic n used to cry for hours...one car ride n all is well! make her burrrppppppppp. i had 3 different pillows- usual, round n one cylindrical for trying difft burrp options!!
ReplyDelete