Beat..Beat..Beat.. This is all I can feel from inside my stomach as if someone is continuously playing Jazz in there.It really fascinates me to know that there is another life growing inside of me. My pregnancy tracker says my baby is in the size of a mango now.Not just any mango, a mango which is 15.24 cm long and is of 0.23kg. Something or should I say someone who will definitely going to grow out of me but still become an inseparable part of my life.Though the journey is not easy, it really is an awesome feeling.
It certainly is interesting to see how people's face light up when you walk in. Everybody has almost the same reaction especially the already mothers. They look at your grown tummy, then look at your face and smile as if they know everything of you.Your family and your friends seem to be very excited to know everything about you. The non-stop phone calls from all around the world says so.You get advises on anything and everything without being asked for.It seems like you are carrying an 'Please advise me' placard. If you have a friend who is also in the same status, you need millions of minutes to finish talking.People seem more kind to you. It makes me happy to know that there is a happiness I spread these days just because of my tummy. The first time in my life I feel happy about having a tummy. It makes me feel that I am carrying some happiness machine around.This is the good part of it.
As every coin has 2 sides, this also do have its darker sides. Only thing is the list seems endless.Throwing up at every possible smell around you, leg cramps, back pain, non-stop visits to washroom, breathing issues,hunger pangs every now and then,craving for something and when you get that in hand you feel full in first two feeds,frequent pulls in stomach etc etc..The list is ENDLESS.If you complain about this to your doctor or your dear ones, the only reaction you get it is ,"Hey, you re pregnant". What a consoling statement as if we didn't know it..But somehow at the back of your mind, you know all this is really worth it.That makes it all the more amazing.
The biggest change I experience in me is the way in which my perspective of my life changed.Everything about me has changed to everything about a face which I have not even seen.I feel more attached to my husband than ever before.His presence has become vital for me than anything else. My career seems to have taken a backseat for some time now. Even during thanksgiving shopping, we were discussing more on the kind of things we would buy for the baby. I think before I eat, drink or sleep on any positions. I am happy. I am excited. Jump around for small small things.But then I cry unexpectedly and become moody all of a sudden. Is this what is called motherhood? Is this how our little bundle of joy inside of me going to change my life forever ? Lets wait and see.. The countdown begins for April 23, 2013.. 21 weeks to go...
It certainly is interesting to see how people's face light up when you walk in. Everybody has almost the same reaction especially the already mothers. They look at your grown tummy, then look at your face and smile as if they know everything of you.Your family and your friends seem to be very excited to know everything about you. The non-stop phone calls from all around the world says so.You get advises on anything and everything without being asked for.It seems like you are carrying an 'Please advise me' placard. If you have a friend who is also in the same status, you need millions of minutes to finish talking.People seem more kind to you. It makes me happy to know that there is a happiness I spread these days just because of my tummy. The first time in my life I feel happy about having a tummy. It makes me feel that I am carrying some happiness machine around.This is the good part of it.
As every coin has 2 sides, this also do have its darker sides. Only thing is the list seems endless.Throwing up at every possible smell around you, leg cramps, back pain, non-stop visits to washroom, breathing issues,hunger pangs every now and then,craving for something and when you get that in hand you feel full in first two feeds,frequent pulls in stomach etc etc..The list is ENDLESS.If you complain about this to your doctor or your dear ones, the only reaction you get it is ,"Hey, you re pregnant". What a consoling statement as if we didn't know it..But somehow at the back of your mind, you know all this is really worth it.That makes it all the more amazing.
The biggest change I experience in me is the way in which my perspective of my life changed.Everything about me has changed to everything about a face which I have not even seen.I feel more attached to my husband than ever before.His presence has become vital for me than anything else. My career seems to have taken a backseat for some time now. Even during thanksgiving shopping, we were discussing more on the kind of things we would buy for the baby. I think before I eat, drink or sleep on any positions. I am happy. I am excited. Jump around for small small things.But then I cry unexpectedly and become moody all of a sudden. Is this what is called motherhood? Is this how our little bundle of joy inside of me going to change my life forever ? Lets wait and see.. The countdown begins for April 23, 2013.. 21 weeks to go...

Lovely post darling!!! & Congratulations!!!! Am so so so happy for you :)
ReplyDeleteBharathi
Oh sweet heart, you are simple awsome and lovely. Though at times i am worried about you, the feel of our baby makes me happy. Jus few more weeks and all of your struggle will vanish when we see our little prince / princess in our hands. At the same time, i am able to feel and see how my mom would have undergone when she was carrying me during her pregnancy. Am seeing my mom in you dear. You are lovely. Luv u dear. simpley superb write-up. Keep going.
ReplyDeleteLove u daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..Feeling soo very happy for u dear. All I want to say is God bless u! UMMAAAAAAAAAAAAA..Takecare da..
ReplyDelete