Friday, December 23, 2011

Stealing Cindrella..


Dedicated to the BEST parents on earth ...

'Stealing Cindrella' is a country song introduced to me by my cousin some 3-4 years before. Not sure how many times I would have listened to this song after that. It is basically the insights of a guy who is coming to ask for his girlfriend to her father. I love the line which says ' For her I am Prince Charming ,to him I am just some fellow riding in and stealing Cindrella'. This song reminds me of  my Papa everytime. In one of the episodes of  CASTLE ( a detective serial which I have become addicted to ) , there is a scene in which Richard Castel realizes that his daughter has become old enough to date and will get married and go away from him one day.I somehow started thinking what could have gone through my parents' mind when I got married.

Papa was never a very expressive person. He never shared his problems with us.In our growing stages, he was just there for us in each of our things.But being mummy's pet , I had very less interactions with Papa. But as he became older, there was a special unsaid bonding that happened between us . I could feel that he was looking for a kind of support or he started realizing that he is getting older. He never asked any of us which road to take in each of our life's decsions, but he definitely shared the areas of light and darkness in each roads. He taught us to be strong and bold. And NEVER give up in life. He taught us how to handle the surprises in life. He taught us dedication and planning .But the most surprising part , he has started expressing his love towards us. Or might be we have become matured enough to understand his unsaid love.

Amma is love personified. She doesn't know to do anything other than love us in all her silly ways. She is my inspiration always. Some things for which I doubt , she would be there to push me and make me do it. She understands each and every emotion of mine. The first 'H' in Hello in my phone call will tell her what mood am in. I never felt the need for a good friend when she was around. I could tell her anything and everything. She could take things in the right sense.Her world was us and nothing else. No goals in her life than make us happy. Though we kiddingly call her,  the 'COMPLAN' girl, we realise the pain she takes to do things perfect like a SUPER WOMAN. I wonder whether any of us could be that kind of a mom to our kids. All her worries and efforts are for our happiness.So selfless..

Whatever we do for them, never seems to be enough. Thank you God for giving us such great parents..Love you both so much..However I grow, I will always be your lil girl...

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful daugther for a wonderful parents. Amazing writing.

    ReplyDelete