Being brought up in a Convent school, I always have an affinity towards church and the beautiful songs sung by the choir.Our school has a chapel & two small churches.I always loved to go the Mother Mary's chapel as it was constructed in the shape of a Den and it was surrounded by beautiful pink & white flowers.We used to buy candles only on special occasions(especially board exams) , a kind of bribe to God so that he feels happy and makes sure that we pass the exam with good marks..When I was in college, I was a regular visitor of 'Manarcadu' church.From the time, I have reached Bangalore,it was always 'Infant Jesus'. Even during the short duration I spent in Uruguay,I used to visit the church regularly though I never used to understand a single word of the masses..Though I don't agree to some concepts of the religion,my affinity towards the church has surprised myself at times..
It was during one of my regular visits to Infant Jesus church that this happened. As usual I was sitting on the bench and listening to the choir hymns. I had bought one candle and kept it along with my purse beside me.As soon as the mass got over, I got up and tried taking the purse and the candle..To my surprise, ther purse was there.But the candle was missing..I started searching the whole area.It could not have rolled off as it was kept under my purse. There was no one in the near proximity who could have taken it. If at all ,somebody took Won't they have taken the purse along with it ?I searched for some more time ..Still it was not found. I turned to God..I felt he was smiling at me..The next click on my head was, Did God take it directly ? Funny !! How can that happen ? I said to myself..But still another question popped up. Is this one of the reasons why he is called Miraculous Infant Jesus ? God knows !!!
It was during one of my regular visits to Infant Jesus church that this happened. As usual I was sitting on the bench and listening to the choir hymns. I had bought one candle and kept it along with my purse beside me.As soon as the mass got over, I got up and tried taking the purse and the candle..To my surprise, ther purse was there.But the candle was missing..I started searching the whole area.It could not have rolled off as it was kept under my purse. There was no one in the near proximity who could have taken it. If at all ,somebody took Won't they have taken the purse along with it ?I searched for some more time ..Still it was not found. I turned to God..I felt he was smiling at me..The next click on my head was, Did God take it directly ? Funny !! How can that happen ? I said to myself..But still another question popped up. Is this one of the reasons why he is called Miraculous Infant Jesus ? God knows !!!

No comments:
Post a Comment